Thursday, December 14, 2017

2nd Art Event- Fore-edge Painting


On Thursday in the Library there was an exhibit for fore-edge painting. When I showed up to the library for this art event, I honestly had no idea what I was walking into because I did know what this art event was for. However, when I walked in I was really surprised and blown away by these works of art. I had never heard of fore-edge painting before and I thought it was a really cool type of art and a really cool idea. 

It was a really idea idea to depict and picture on the side of the book and I can only imagine how long and how difficult it would be to do this type of work. It's so tiny but it is so detailed and intricate. Also, the work that is on the front and the back of the book works well with the picture that is on the pages. The colors and the design coincides with what is on the pages. 

This type of art kind of reminds me of the little books I would make when I was little where you flip through the pages and something inside moves as you flip through.  I feel like the books have so much meaning and are so old and this art on top of it just helps give it even more meaning. Below are some of my favorite pieces from the exhibit (sorry my phone was cracked and the picture quality is not that good). 








No comments:

Post a Comment